Indulge in Singita’s ‘Six Star’ Safari’s
Singita has created a wholly new type of luxurious, high-end African experience, offering what I consider to be “six star” lodges in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Tanzania.
On a recent trip to South Africa I visited three Singita lodges: Ebony in the Sabi Sands area, Lebombo and Sweni in Kruger National Park. I’ve never experienced anything quite like it before!
- Each lodge is different, but all are discerningly designed and decorated to blend seamlessly into their environment and provide genuine comfort. This is as close to a six star hotel as you will ever get in the African bush.
- With a light touch, the staff caters for your every whim from the moment you arrive. It’s almost as though you get what you want before you realise you want it.
- Unlike most safari lodges, there is no regimentation or routine: you set your own agenda. Get up when you want. Dine when and where you want. Set your own times and methods of exploration.
- A foodie’s heaven, each lodge offers fine dining and excellent wines. All wines are African (except for the French Champagne). A highlight of my stay at Ebony Lodge was a surprise 5-course wine & food matching dinner set up on the airstrip. The glow of bonfires and lanterns was the only light to compete with the wonder of the African sky. The food was mind-blowing.
- The guides are exceptional. And if you are visiting more than one of their South African lodges you can choose to retain one guide for your entire stay.
- I was surprised to discover incredible on-site markets, ensuring that even shopaholics are catered for at Singita. You can buy the luxurious linens, shampoos and other items found in your suite and spend hours browsing through an incredible gallery of African art and craft.
- As a lover of Africa, I was particularly pleased to discover that Singita is deeply involved in wildlife conservation and community development projects. In Sabi Sand, Singita supports a pre-school development program. At Kruger National Park they offer the Singita School of Cooking. In Zimbabwe, where the need is greater, Singita are currently helping to feed 19,000 children affected by drought.
I highly recommend Singita lodges to all of our clients who seek true luxury. If you look for the finest quality and most personal care then please talk to me about including Singita in your itinerary.